Monday, March 22, 2004

Monday blah

Like 5 billion other people on this planet, I fucking hate Mondays...and Sundays to a certain extent. Work went by so slowly today, and the internet got old really fast, even though I did not want to resume my neverending work. Fuck Mondays. Too much drinking and not enough sleep this weekend and too much work today equal a big fat cock. (The converse of that holds true, too.) What makes Mondays especially excruciating is that my office is next to the police officer's, and he always has his radio tuned into the Clear Channel adult contemporary station. So I have to sit through hours of white adult contemporary soft rock like that Bryan Adams song from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys, "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart (I actually liked this song when it came out when I was in the 5th grade, but it fucking came on twice in two hours!), that faggy Clay Aiken song, and others. Sometimes they'll play "Material Girl" by Madonna, which makes it a little more tolerable, but listening to that shit along with it being Monday, I just want to play Russian Roulette with all the chambers loaded. So I'm a fucking drama queen. Piss off.

I'm now home and I don't have time to relax. In between the hangovers and drinking this past weekend, I didn't get a chance to review music for the station. So I will now review as much as I can before the New Music Show tonight. Then, I'll try to go to sleep afterwards, but hopefully I'll catch Futurama before I fall asleep.

Speaking of Futurama, I still want to know why Fox canceled this show. It was fucking brilliant. It's so much better than the Simpsons. If anything, they should've canceled the Simpsons years ago. For some reason, I still manage to not miss any Simpsons episodes, but it hasn't made me laugh out loud in years...unless it's a rerun from around the years '93 to '98 or so. This show just hasn't been very good for about half a decade. I think I read somewhere that Matt Groening and Adult Swim are talking about developing a new Adult Swim cartoon. I hope this is true, and I hope it turns out to be funny like Futurama and not fucking retarded like the Simpsons has been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home