Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Addiction

I thought I was good this weekend when I decided not to attend the record fair here in Carrboro. I decided I didn't need to be spending any more money like P Diddy.

But today, I said, "Fuck it," and went to CD Alley and spent what little money I have on some records and CDs...and right now, I'm glad I did.

CDs bought: Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days (Sub Pop) and Various Artists - Hits and Misses: Muhammad Ali and the Ultimate Sound of Fistfighting (Trikont) - a compilation of music about Muhammad Ali or stuff performed by him, Joe Frazier, George Foreman and others...I haven't really listened to this yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Records bought: the new Noxagt - The Iron Point (Load) - I'm listening to this right now, and it's awesome; the Motörhead - England boxset (Earmark) - this has three LPs: Overkill in green vinyl, Bomber in blue vinyl, and Ace of Spades in gold-colored vinyl; the new Black Dice - Miles of Smiles EP (DFA); The USA is a Monster - Tasheyana Compost (Load) - I already have this on CDR, but this record comes in hand-made screenprinted package; and a little Philly soul: The Delfonics self-titled album (Philly Groove).

Passed on: too many to name.

Didn't have but really want: the new Fennesz

Still waiting to arrive: The Goodbye Babylon boxset

I think it's time to go back on the Ramen diet. Fuck Atkins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home