Tuesday, June 08, 2004

What the fuck?

Even though, at the ripe age of 27, I may be too young (and ignorant) to fully realize the whole scope of things political, but has there ever really been a Republican president who actually was a good president that made the whole country better and not worse? I ask this because ever since Reagan died this past week, the media has made it seem like he's the greatest president this country has ever seen.

I realize that it's not really polite to bring out negatives in the wake of someone's death, especially an ex-president's...but this is getting ridiculous. I've read that there are some in Congress who want to get rid of Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill and replace it with Reagan or replace FDR on the dime with Reagan or replace Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill. And there are people who want Reagan's face on Mount Rushmore. I'm sorry, but just because a president was "personable" and seemed likable do not hide the damage he caused. Now I'm dreading the day Dubya dies because I can see the same kind of thing happening, even though, in reality, he's by far the worst president in the past fifty years, maybe ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home