Sunday, May 30, 2004

I h8 teenagers

Just got back from the Need New Body show at Go!, and it was a better show than when I saw them last a couple of months ago at Kings.

I missed the opening band, Make Believe, a band I heard is from Chicago. Cy Rawls told me they were good. Anyway, it's always a jolt to my senses when I go to a show and most of the crowd looks very young. I wasn't annoyed until early in the Need New Body set, when the singer invited this kid, who couldn't have been older than 16 or 17, on stage and let him dance. It obviously went to his head because for the rest of the show, he would dance spastically and arrhythmically in front of the stage, especially during slow songs you can't dance to...and including breaks between songs. Every so often, he would peek back to see if people were watching him. I felt like slapping him upside the head and telling him that nobody gives a shit about him - that they came here to see the band, not some teenage hotshot-wannabe.

It was also so fucking hot in there I decided not to stay for Hella. God, I hate stupid teenagers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about button accordionist
. You can check it out at button accordionist


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

10/25/2005 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home