Monday, December 13, 2004

Nas vs. Jay-Z

With the new Nas double album out, which I've had for almost two weeks and have had time to digest (lots of filler; could've been a 4-star single album but I give it 3 stars; I still enjoy it, though), I'm almost ready to make that Nas vs. Jay-Z CD I've been thinking about making since the whole "Takeover" and "Ether" battle raps from a few years back.

It will go from Nasty Nas' "Half Time" single to tracks from Illmatic to Reasonable Doubt to present-day Jay-Z and Nas songs. Partly because of time constraints and (lack of) quality of some material (e.g., Nastradamus), I won't include tracks from some albums.

I'd like to make this before X-mas, which means I'd have to make it within a week since I'll be going home before X-mas. But one song I'd like to include but don't own is Jay-Z's "Super Ugly," another Nas-dis track. I have it on mp3, but unfortunately, I don't have a CD burner on my computer. But I'm about to order a Jay-Z CD that includes that song plus some other unreleased tracks. I may not get it in time, so I may have to wait until I get back from St. Louis to make this comp. If any of you have any suggestions on what to include or whatever, lemme know.

(By the way, I realize that there are some more comprehensive Nas vs. Jay-Z bootleg comps out there, but I want to make my own, even though I know it won't be as good.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home