Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I can't wait 'til July

I've been looking for a new psychologist position recently because I hate my job so much. I may even be willing to take a pay cut in order to work in a better environment. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago, and the interview went really well...but I think the competition is stiff for this position. I haven't heard back from them, but I'm thinking I'm one of the backup choices, and they're waiting to hear from their top choice(s) to see if they'll take the job. The new district is in the NW suburbs, which means that even though the distance is shorter, the drive is gonna take at least twice as long both ways because of the Kennedy Expressway traffic. But I think I'd be willing to do that...for less money.

I would also like a job that has two months off during the summer, which is the case with most jobs. So if this position were offered to me, I'd start work in late August. With my present job, I get July off...which sounds good to most people. But I've been spoiled, I guess, in the past few years getting two months off. This is especially hard for me now partly because I hate my job, and also because I think I'll be out of town most of July. I plan on going home to St. Louis for a week in early July, then go back to Chicago for a couple of days before embarking on a week-and-a-half-to-two-week roadtrip to the Southeast (including Chapel Hill) with the ladyfriend. Then it's back to Chicago for a couple of days and then the ladyfriend and I are headed to Michigan for her family reunion/drunkfest.

Judging from how awesome last summer was, and judging from how the city is really starting to come alive because it's no longer consistently cold, I expect this summer in Chicago to be no different. And I'd like to spend some time just hanging out here in the city, drinking lots of alcohol, being carefree. If I got a new job, then I could spend August like that. However, right now, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. But I'm still crossing my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home