Tuesday, June 21, 2005

367

As a kid in the 80s, I used to be a huge baseball fan - specifically a Tigers fan. I actually remember when they used to be good with the likes of Jack Morris, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, and Kirk Gibson. Being a huge Tigers fan, it was also ingrained in my head that .367 was Ty Cobb's career batting average - although today I see that it's actually .366.

Anyway, 367 is another very, very minor significant number today as it was 367 days ago I moved from the great college town(s) of Chapel Hill-Carrboro to the great city of Chicago. I can't believe that it's already been a year. I miss Chapel Hill a lot, but I continue to absolutely love living in Chicago. If somehow I could combine the OC with the CC, it would be near-perfect. Maybe combine the North Carolina winter and spring with the Chicago summer. Maybe pick up the whole city of Chicago and place it on top of Raleigh and Durham. Or maybe transplant WXYC to Wicker Park and give it 5000 watts. I don't know. I've always said that if I were to get sick of living in a large city like Chicago, I would look directly at a liberal college town like Chapel Hill, although there's something intriguing about California and Oregon. I can't wait until my last day of work on June 30th, when I'll be off until mid-August. I'll be hitting North Carolina in mid-July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home