Friday, June 10, 2005

Alfalfa City

Ever since the kids have gotten out of school for the summer, I've been so fucking bored at work, with very little to do until next week when I'll be bombarded with work until the end of this month.

There's only so much I can do to kill time, especially with the firewall blocking various websites. So I've been killing most of my time being a nerd on Wikipedia, reading about various and random things from Swatch watches to New Trier High School to Bob Probert and more.

I also read about Chicago and various cities and towns across this country and the world and found out that Chicago is one of three US cities (NYC and LA being the other two) that are Alpha World-Class (Full Service) cities, at least according to the somewhat subjective criteria set by the Globalization and World Cities Study Group & Network (GaWC). I find the list interesting, but I was suprised by some of the "rankings." Like, WHERE'S ST. LOUIS?!?! The strip clubs of East St. Louis have to account for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home