Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Sinner, you better get ready

I got a call from CD Alley last week while I was in Chicago telling me that the Goodbye, Babylon boxset I had them order had arrived. Today I picked it up, and I'm listening to it right now.

For those not familiar, this boxset (made by the new and fabulous 78 reissue record label, Dust-to-Digital) features five discs of old time gospel music (both black and white) from the years 1902 to 1960 and one disc featuring 25 sermons from the years 1926 to 1941. Yes, it's even better than it sounds. The packaging is hand-made, and it's beautiful. It comes in a wooden box, and when you open the box, you'll notice that there's cotton lined up inside. A 200+ page book is also included. There are 135 songs from the obscure to some more recognizable names such as Hank Williams, Blind Lemon Jefferson, and Bill Monroe, to name a few. It's well worth its $100 pricetag ($89.95 at CD Alley). Christ be with you, bitch!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us