Thursday, July 29, 2004

Lame motherfucker

I met up with a few people at Club Foot last night to have a few drinks, hours after promising myself not to spend any more money.  But I only ended up buying one beer for myself since others were willing to buy me and everyone else drinks.

While we were sitting there enjoying our drinks, this guy who looks like Luke from the Dukes of Hazzard came up to us and handed us flyers of his band.

He said, "We're playing this weekend, and you should check us out.  Do you like the Clash?  If you do, you'll probably like us.  Do you like Joy Division?  We're strongly influenced by them.  Do you like Franz Ferdinand?  If you do, you'll probably like us.  Come check us out."  Then he proceeded to namecheck other bands from the punk/post-punk era that stupid hipsters are into and also bands of today that stupid hipsters dig, like the Rapture, Radio 4, and Franz Ferdinand.  Yes, he was the lamest motherfucker ever.  I thought to myself, "There can't be a level of lameness more lame than what I just witnessed."

But he outdid himself fifteen minutes later when he came back and said, "Go check out our website and take a listen for yourself.  If you're into cool music, I think you'll like it.  If not, that's cool, too.  Oh, I forgot to mention, Sire Records is going to be at our show to check us out.  You guys heard of Sire, right?  You know, the Talking Heads, Blondie, and others.  Yeah, they're going to be there to check us out."

I wish I had a video of all that.  I also wish I could remember the name of his band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home