Monday, July 26, 2004

No sand in vaginas

Yesterday a bunch of us headed to the beach...in Indiana.  Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore to be more specific. Because of traffic and highway construction outside of Chicago, we got there later than planned, and by the time we got there, there was literally no place to park. At 2:30, we actually did find a place to park...however, it would've been a 30-minute walk to the beach from where we were, and Jeff had to be back in Chicago for work starting at 6:00, which meant that we wouldn't be at the beach very long since it would take us almost two hours to get back to Chi-town because of said highway construction and traffic.  So the other car stayed while we headed back.  So I didn't get to catch the surf at the famed beaches of Indiana.  Everybody has told me, however, including someone from North Carolina, that the Indiana Dunes are really nice.

I met up with my friend, Kat, and got a few drinks and went to a party on Saturday.  We talked about many things, including today's emo kids and Eddie Murphy's hit song from the 80s, which she played on the jukebox (was it "Party All the Time"?...I can't remember).  But the best thing we talked about was in regard to many of the great restaurants of Chicago, most of which I've never been to.  Sean, Kat, and I got excited, and soon (maybe this week?) I hope to be going to Soul Vegetarian in the South Side, this very Afro-centric soul-food vegan and vegetarian place that everybody says is the best place ever.

Shit, I hear Toby Keith singing on the TV in the living room, which means I need to head out there and mosh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home